Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mini Society

Wen's mini society - April 2012
Zoe selling hair clips (5 ea.):3
Wen's mini society - April 2012
Audrey selling mustaches (5 or 10 ea.)XP



Today is the last day of Mini Society market day. Mini Society is where you need to make and sell your hand-made product. The Product must be made by each student using their own creativity and inexpensive materials. We can spend up to $10(real money) to make the products for each market day.

I decided to make Japanese doll bookmarks, and it's a hot seller! They cost 15 Mini Society bucks each.


DSC_4757 


Time Lime For Mini Society

April 26-30: Form partnerships for business and brainstorm ideas for products 
                   to make and sell

May 3: Bring in a sample product and conduct market survey on sample 
           product

May 7: Bring all needed supplies to class to begin production of product for 1st                
            market day

May 11: First market day at 2:00 p.m.

May 14: Bring all needed supplies to class to begin production of product for
             second market day

May 18: Second market day


Wen's mini society - April 2012
Me selling Japanese paper doll bookmarks (15 bucks ea.)XD



My business partner was Sophia, we named our store Payless Gift Shop. Sophia made key-chains, bookmarks, and bracelets. They were awesome! I made 27 bookmarks for the first market day, and about 45 on the second(lots of classes were invited for the second day).

So, first day-- Lots of parents were invited. I bought a lot of magnets for my 
                     locker next year. They are awesome! I have 3 bookmarks left      
                     and I gave them to Sophia.


Second day-- My booth was in the hallway so we need to pay a hundred bucks     
                    for our booth's location! The rest of the students were setting up                          their booth inside the classroom. Tons of people came to buy so I sold out quickly. Sophia's stuff sold out, too! 
                    
After we sold out, we went to other students' booth to buy stuffs that we like.


Photo May 18, 3 40 48 PM
I bought 2 flower clips, 3 clips, 2 Hunger Games magnets, 5 slingshots, 8 magnets, 3 clipboards, a duct tape purse, a bookmark, and a pipe cleaner pen. I think I spent a total of 250 bucks or more, but i still have about 650 bucks left.


I hope we can do this again because it's so fun and interesting! I made 72 bookmarks in 2 weeks only. They are so hard to make!



Wen's mini society - April 2012
Gabe and Connor selling home made slingshots ( 5 bucks ea.):P



Wen's mini society - April 2012
Maya and Bella selling clipboards (20 bucks each):)



     



5 comments:

  1. Excellent job, Shu Wen!!
    I really like your bookmarks! Where did you learn how to make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My sis has one from her friend as a souvenir and I figured it out myself. Of course, my one is not so good as her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is impressive ! I can see put in a lot of effort and you really enjoy. Cheers for the good sale !!

    Lay Hong

    ReplyDelete